Being engaged at UTEP means finding something to be involved with that brings you closer to the UTEP community! There are a number of ways to be an engaged student at UTEP. As part of the UTEP Edge, the Student Engagement & Leadership Center focuses on providing numerous engagement and leadership opportunities for all students. Here are a few ways to be engaged at UTEP:
- Join a student organization
- Attend Minerpalooza
- Get involved in a fraternity or sorority
- Learn about UTEP Edge
Becoming an engaged Miner has never been easier. Check back often for updates or follow us on social media for the latest news and announcements (@UTEPSELC). Below you will find information about a few of our marquee programs:
The Union Gallery
The Student Engagement & Leadership Center also oversees the Union Gallery. It is an exhibition space constructed to recognize and commemorate the work, achievements, and experiences of the University’s extended community throughout the school year. Exhibits displayed vary greatly in medium and encourage visitors of all backgrounds to be reflective, imaginative, and explorative. In line with the Center's vision, the Union Gallery offers a meaningful platform for University students to acquire a sense of belonging on campus. It also advances the UTEP Edge mission by promoting community engagement, creative ventures, and research/scholarly activities.
Fall & Spring Semesters
- Open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Open Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Closed major holidays, and during UTEP home football games
Summer & Winter Intercession
- Open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Closed Sundays, major holidays, and during UTEP home football games