New Student Organizations
Creating a new student organization is an excellent way to develop leadership skills and provide your peers with an entry point to involvement. The requirements to begin a new student organization are:
- THREE students, minimum, to serve as officers
- Required information: name, @miners email address, and phone number.
- ONE faculty/staff member, to serve as advisor
- This faculty/staff member must be a FULL-TIME employee of the University
- This faculty/staff member must NOT be enrolled in any course work.
- Required information: name, @UTEP email address, phone number and OFFICE address, position title, faculty or staff designation.
When you have all of the necessary materials and are prepared to register your new student organization, click here!
- The registration window for new student organizations is July 1 – April 30 of each school year.
- There is no fee associated with registering a new student organization.
- It is the student group’s responsibility to find an advisor.
- Student organizations are not permitted to include the University name in their organization’s name with the exception of this format: <Organization name> at UTEP.
For more information, please email SOS@UTEP.edu, or call 915.747.8947.