Returning Student Organizations
Reregistering a student organization is an important step in cementing your RSO’s legacy on campus. The requirements to reregister a student organization are:
- SIX students, minimum, to serve as officers
- Required information: name, @miners email address, phone number, and HOME address
- ONE faculty/staff member, to serve as advisor
- This faculty/staff member must be a FULL-TIME employee of the University
- This faculty/staff member must NOT be enrolled in any course work.
- Required information: name, @utep email address, phone number and OFFICE address, position title, faculty or staff designation
- ONE student to serve as RSO SOAP program representative.
- This student does not have to be an officer.
- The SOAP programs are held once a month during the Fall and Spring semesters. Your SOAP representative is invited to attend each of these monthly meetings per semester.
When you have all of the necessary materials and are prepared to register your new student organization, click here!
- The registration window for returning student organizations is July 1 – September 30 of each school year. There is no fee associated with reregistering a student organization during this period.
- The late registration window for returning student organizations is October 1 – April 30 of each school year. There is a $40 late fee associated with reregistering a student organization during this period.
- It is the student group’s responsibility to find an advisor.
- Student organizations are not permitted to include the University name in their organization’s name with the exception of this format: <Organization name> at UTEP.
For more information, please email SOS@utep.edu, or call 915.747.6011.