Powerful Pages is an interactive book experience that will enhance, strengthen, and challenge your perceptions of leadership. The group meets bi-weekly to discuss the book and engage in fun activities in a peer group setting. Each meeting will focus on select chapters and incorporate fun activities related to the readings.
- We have a limited number of books available for students to borrow.
- The book is a gift in exchange for students' full participation in the program, such as attending al scheduled meetings, participating in discussions, and posting on the Minetracker group.
THE STUDENT ENGAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP CENTER PRESENTS
READ | DISCUSS | LEAD
Facilitated by the SELC Leadership Intern, Gabbi Munoz
[Picture of Memes to Movements book]
Meetings are from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM on Microsoft teams
Apply on MineTracker by September 20th to be considered for the next cohort!
Student Engagement & Leadership Center
Working remotely to serve YOU
Book: Coming Soon!
Here is a list of books we have read in the past!
- How I Resist: Activism and Hope for a New Generation by Maureen Johnson (Spring 20)
- The Changemaker: The Art of Building Better Leaders by Deke Copenhaver (Fall 19)
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. By Brene Brown (Spring 19)
- How to Beat Fear and Became Invincible by Jia Jiang (Fall 18)
- The Michelangelo Effect: Keys to Extraordinary Success for Ordinary People by Nekesa Ouma-Namulu (Fall 17)
- A Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl (Spring 17)
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Fall 16)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (Fall 16)
- Still Life by Louise Penny(Spring 16)
Who can participate?
- Students from all classifications! Staff and faculty are welcome to attend with a student!
How many meetings are there?
- There is a total of 4-6 meetings each semester.
How long are the meetings?
- The meetings are one-hour long per session.
What is discussed at every meeting?
- Each meeting will cover book chapters assigned in the previous session. Leadership activities, short articles, and fun videos are also incorporated to enhance the dialogue around leadership.
Do I need to read the book before the first meeting?
- Yes. The first meeting is a welcome and overview of the program, and discussion on the assigned chapters.
What happens when I complete the program?
- Attendees who complete the program receive a certificate and fun prizes based on their involvement. In the past, we have awarded UTEP Dinner Theater tickets, Theater & Dance performance tickets, comped registration for the Leadership Conference, UTEP gear, and food vouchers to restaurants on campus!