SOAR: Student Organization Annual Report
The Student Organizations Annual Report (SOAR), is an assessment tool that collects certain pertinent data from student organizations. This information will allow our department to make improvements over summer to programming and services.
All RSO's, must complete their Student Organization Annual Report on MineTracker.
Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview of SOAR:
Tasks to complete at the end of the year:
- Update your RSO's "About" page on MineTracker
- Verify/Update your officers and advisor(s) information on your roster
- Add new members
- Manage new officer positions
- Remove graduating members
Basic Background Information:
- RSO name
- Type of Chapter (regional, statewide, national, international)
- Is the organization a registered 501(c)(3)?
- Section 501(c)(3) is the portion of the US Internal Revenue Code that allows for federal tax exemption of nonprofit organizations, specifically those that are considered public charities, private foundations or private operating foundations. It is regulated and administered by the US Department of Treasury through the Internal Revenue Service.
- List of titles of awards/recognitions of RSO since April 2019
- Is your organization a new RSO?
- Please identify the school/college your RSO falls under.
- Headquarters Contact Information (Name, Phone Number, Email)
- If your organization is a chapter of a national organization
- How many officer positions does your RSO have?
- Summer 2020 Contact Name
- Summer 2020 Contact Email Address
- Summer 2020 Contact Phone Number
- Total members going into fall 2019
- Total new members added during fall 2019
- Members that graduated in fall 2019
- Members that will graduate in spring 2020
- Total new members added during spring 2020
- Total members projected after spring 2020
- How often did the RSO conduct general meetings? weekly, biweekly, etc.
- Total number of meetings held in the 2019-2020 school year
- What was discussed in general meetings?
- Where did the RSO typically meet?
- Total number of campus sponsored events/programs attended (Minerpalooza, RSOlympics, Orange & Blue Day, etc.) in 2019-2020
- Total number of service or advocacy events/programs (not including charitable giving) in 2019-2020
- Total Number of service hours performed by the entire RSO in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Summarize charitable (gathering of donations for a specific purpose or institution) efforts conducted in 2019-2020
- Total number of professional development events/programs in 2019-2020
- Total number of performance events/programs in 2019-2020
- Total number of academic events/programs in 2019-2020
- Average GPA of the Organization (based on Fall 2019 grades)
- Total number of fundraising events/programs in 2019-2020
- How many community service events did your RSO host?
- How many community service events hosted by other organizations did your RSO attend?
- Total number of events/programs hosted by the organization (cumulative number of events listed above)
Fundraising (If applicable)
- How did the organization use the funds (travel, events, charity, organization supplies)?
- Approximately, how much did your organization raise this academic year (2019-2020)?
- Did your RSO accept any funding from The Student Government Association this year?
- Have all receipts been turned in to SGA for the monies you accepted?
(Organizations that accept appropriation money from the Student Government Association and do not return their receipts will be barred from reregistration and the students responsible will have holds placed on their student accounts and transcripts)
- What type of cost center and/or bank account does your organization have?
- On-Campus Cost Center (If applicable)
- Cost Center account number:
- What is your balance?
- Off-Campus Bank Account (If applicable)
- Which bank do you use?
- How long has your organization had your bank account?
- What are the benefits of an off-campus bank account?
- Is your advisor the same person that is currently listed as your advisor on your Mine Tracker profile?
- How often did you see your advisor this year?
- How often did you communicate with your advisor this year?
- Does the advisor attend the meetings of the organization?
- Do you believe your advisor meets the needs of your organization?
- Did your RSO host any virtual meetings during March - April?
- Did your RSO host any virtual workshops/presentations/programs/etc?
- Did your RSO host any fun social media campaigns during March-April?
- If yes, tell us about your top 3!
- Does your RSO have a social media?
- If yes, please include your accounts and handles
- Showcase your organization! Gather some photos to share with us