SPRING 2020 Elections:
Vote at sgaelections.utep.edu
File for Spring 2020 Special Election Commissioner
Deadline: Friday, February 21, 2020 (5:00PM)
Current UTEP students may apply to serve as an Election Commissioner by completing the following:
- Submit an application via Minetracker.
- Schedule interview with Election Advisors (will be sent once the application is received)
File for Spring 2020 Elections
Monday, March 2 - Friday, March 13, 2020
Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5:00PM
Current UTEP students may file for spring elections by completing the following:
- Submit an application via MineTracker.
- Pick up and return the following forms at the Student Government office (Union East 304):
SGA Positions Available
- VP for External Affairs
- VP for Internal Affairs
- Senator At-Large (17)
- Collegiate Senators (1 (0ne) per each College/School
Election week will run from Monday, April 6, 2020, (8:00 AM) through Thursday, April 9, 2020 (5:00 PM)
Voting will be held online from Wednesday, April 8, 2020 (8:00 AM) through Thursday, April 9, 2020 (5:00 PM)
Executive Debate Tuesday, April 7, 2020, at 12:30 p.m.
Candidate Info Session
Zoom invite will be provided to all candidates by March 27.
Candidate ballot lottery conducted.
Election results will be announced TBD and Place TBD.
Candidates must submit a Financial Summary Form by Friday, April 5, 2020, at 11:59 pm
All campaign material must be removed by TBD. Failure to do so will result in the disposal of campaign material.
If victorious, candidates must accept their senate seat in Union East 304 by TBD. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats.
Duties and Responsibilities
By joining the Student Government Association, officers and senators are expected to:
- Attend all Senate meetings (Usually Take Place Thursday evenings)
- Represent and be in contact with constituents.
- Be present for all senate-sponsored events, including, but not limited to, Student Government booths, campus-wide community service projects, mandatory events, and retreats.
- Perform all duties outlined in the UTEP Student Government Association Bylaws.
Senators are required to be a member of a Senate standing committee and attend all regular committee meetings in addition to all regular senate meetings.
All campaign materials must be approved by either (1) Student Government Association Election Advisor or (2) Election Commissioners, before being posted or dispersed. Both can be found in Union East 304.
Copies of all campaign material, other than posters, must be filed with Student Government Association prior to being posted.
All campaign materials must be posted according to University and Election Code policies. For more information see the SGA Election Code.
The student who feels the candidates are not following the University and Election Code policies are allowed to submit a Violation Complaint Form (Minetracker Form) to the Election Commissioners. All Violation Complaint Forms must be submitted before Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Each campus organization may endorse only one candidate in the form of a written record filed with the Student Government Association office and Election Commissioners.
A candidate may have as many endorsements as desired.
Complete the Candidate Endorsement Form by Tuesday, April 7, 2020, at 5 p.m.
Campaign material in the form of buttons, stickers and business cards is allowed without limit. Expenditures for all such items are limited to the stipulated $100 for Executive officer candidates, $75 for Senate candidates. All such items need to be approved and filed by the Student Government Association.
- Only currently enrolled students may vote.
- When applicable, campaigning cannot take place inside the building where voting is held.
- All candidates and election procedures followed are bound by University Policy and the SGA Election Code.
- Copies of all campaign materials must be filed and approved with the Student Government Association before they are distributed.
- Violation Complaints Forms must be filed in writing at the Student Government Association office, Union East 304.
Denise Rascon Terrazas
|Alejandro A Wohlwendemail@example.com|
|Katya N Campian|
|Andrea C Herrerafirstname.lastname@example.org|
*The release of results will all depend if there are any Violation Complaint Forms and/or appeals submitted to either Election Commissioners or SGA Supreme Court.