Distance Spanish Placement: Option 2 Instructions
To arrange to have the DSP exam proctored at a local community college or university near you, you must complete the following steps:
- Contact the testing department of any community college or university near you to determine if they offer testing services to outside students. Criteria for persons eligible to proctor the DSP exam can be found below.
- Once you find a testing center willing to proctor your DSP exam, request the required contact information from the designated proctor and complete the Distance Spanish Placement Testing Request form.
- Pay any additional proctoring fees charged by your local testing center. NOTE: It is the examinee's responsibility to pay any additional proctoring fees charged by your local testing center.
- Pre-pay the $15 exam fee to UTEP. This must be done online with a credit or debit card (Instructions are below).
- Navigate to the UTEP online testing payment website at http://testingpayment.utep.edu
- Select 'Placement Tests'
- Select 'Spanish Lang. Test' by clicking on the green 'Add to Cart' button. Please make sure you select the correct exam
- Verify that the Spanish Language Test is in your cart for a total of $15 and click on 'Checkout'
- Enter your email address. NOTE: The email address you enter will be where your payment confirmation will be sent. Please make sure your email address is correctly entered. You must receive a payment confirmation email to be approved to complete the process. You will not be able to test without payment confirmation. Click 'Continue'
- Fill in required fields for your billing information and verify the amount to be charged to your credit or debit card
- Click on the green 'Continue' button to complete the transaction
- You will receive a payment confirmation email. On the confirmation email, find the 12-digit reference number and write it on the Distance Spanish Placement Testing Request form in the field labeled 'UTEP Payment Confirmation Reference number'
- Return the completed Distance Spanish Placement request form to the UTEP Student Assessment & Testing office either by fax 915-747-8013 or scan the form and return it as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your UTEP testing payment reference number as proof of your test fee payment (on confirmation email).
- Upon approval, your designated proctor will be sent the information needed to administer your exam. You will also receive an email with this information and instructions on how to set up a testing appointment with your proctor to complete your exam.
Proctor Eligibility Criteria
- Proctors must be responsible adults familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized tests.
- Proctors may not be a peer of the student.
- Proctors may not be a friend of the student.
- Proctors must have no vested interest in students’ scores.
- Proctors must not be related to the student.
- Proctors must not be employed part- or full time at a test preparation company.
- Proctors may not administer the Distance Spanish Placement exam to a member of their household or immediate family.
- Proctors must be authorized by the institution to proctor exams in a remote location.