Distance Spanish Placement: Option 2 Instructions
To arrange to have the Distance Spanish Placement (DSP) exam proctored at a local community college or university near you, you must complete the following:
Print and review the Distance Spanish Placement Testing Request form
Contact the testing department of any community college or university near you to determine if they offer proctoring services to outside students. There are requirements that must be met in order to be eligible to proctor the Distance Spanish Placement exam.
Proctor Eligibility Criteria
- Proctors must be responsible adults familiar with accepted practices for administering standardized tests.
- Proctors may not be a peer of the student.
- Proctors may not be a friend of the student.
- Proctors must have no vested interest in students’ scores.
- Proctors must not be related to the student.
- Proctors must not be employed part- or full time at a test preparation company.
- Proctors may not administer the Distance Spanish Placement exam to a member of their household or immediate family.
- Proctors must be authorized by the institution to proctor exams in a remote location.
Once you find a testing center eligible and willing to proctor your DSP exam, request the required contact information from the designated proctor and complete the Distance Spanish Placement Testing Request form.
Pay any additional proctoring fees charged by your local testing center, if applicable.
NOTE: It is the examinee's responsibility to pay any additional proctoring fees charged by your local testing center.
Pay the UTEP test fee ($15). This must be done online with a credit or debit card. Instructions are below.
Note: A non-refundable convenience fee of $3.50 will be applied for online payments.
THE TEST FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Online Payment Instructions
- Go to https://registerblast.com/utep
- In Step 1 "Choose A Group", select Distance Testing
- In Step 2 "Choose an exam", select Distance Spanish Placement
- In Step 3, enter your required information
- In Step 4, read the acknowledgements thoroughly and check the "I agree..." checkbox
- In Step 5, enter the required information (all fields are required).
- Confirm the amount is correct ($18.50)
- Click on the green "Add to Cart" button
- Verify the amount and click on the green "Ready to checkout?" button
- Complete payment information and press Continue
- When payment is completed successfully, you will receive a confirmation email with your payment and test information
IMPORTANT: When payment is complete, forward a copy of the confirmation email as proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a testing voucher.
Return the completed form to the UTEP Student Assessment & Testing Office either by fax 915-747-8013 or scan the form and return it as an email attachment to email@example.com.
Upon approval, your designated proctor will be sent the information needed to administer your exam. You will also receive an email with this information and instructions on how to set up a testing appointment with your proctor to complete your exam.