Room Use Agreement
We strive to provide our guests the best possible service along with innovative facilities that enhance the UTEP experience. In pursuit of this goal, we ask that you review these terms and conditions as part of your event planning process. By booking a reservation with Union Services, you accept responsibility for ensuring all event participants are made aware of these policies and procedures. These guidelines apply to all activities which take place in Union Building East, Union Building West, the Union Plaza, and the El Paso Natural Gas Conference Center (EPNGCC). For up-to-date hours of operation, click here.
Failure to abide by the following terms and conditions may result in the termination of room/space use privileges:
- No signs, posters, decorations, or other materials may be taped/tacked onto or hung from any wall, window, door, doorway, ceiling, furniture, or equipment belonging to Union Services.
- Open flames (candles, tea lights, etc.) and the burning of any substance (such as incense) are strictly prohibited throughout our facilities.
- Due to safety and liability concerns, furniture and equipment may not be moved, adjusted, or altered in any way without permission and/or assistance from Union Services staff. Union Services must be notified prior to the event start time if changes are required. Due to built-in AV equipment, podiums on the first floor cannot be moved.
- Doors may not be blocked or obstructed in any way. Windows may not be covered for the purpose of obscuring the view into a room.
- Event spaces must be left in the same condition in which they are found in order to avoid cleanup fees and/or additional setup fees.
- Event spaces must be vacated no later than the reservation end time. All guests must vacate buildings no later than the posted closing time in order to avoid an extended hours fee. Events which take place outside of or beyond posted operating hours require special arrangements with Union Services and will incur additional fees.
- Sodexo is the exclusive provider of all food and beverage catering at UTEP. Food and/or refreshments may not be purchased off-campus to be served at an event.
- Events which are open to the general public, involve third-party sponsors or partners, or charge for admission will incur additional fees. RSO events in partnership with a University department will be charged at the department's rate.
- Failure to keep a reservation will result in a $25.00 cancellation fee unless Union Services is notified via phone or email at least 24 hours prior to the reservation start time. Additional fees may apply to larger events or those which involve third parties.
- Do not assume your reservation request has been approved until you receive a confirmation email and reservation summary from Union Services!
Please do not hesitate to contact our office with any questions or concerns regarding these policies. Thank you for your cooperation!