Campus Video Displays
Video displays are located in many buildings throughout the UTEP campus, providing visitors, students, faculty and staff with information about upcoming events, promotions, classes and more. These displays are maintained by different departments and organizations throughout the University and University Communications.
UTEP Today Video Graphics System
UTEP Today is a video graphics system for television information displays and digital signage. This system makes it easy to advertise, promote and communicate by indoor LCD display.• Departments and registered student organizations may post on the UTEP Today system
• Promote your UTEP events, news, and announcements
• More than 30 screens are located in at least 14 buildings on campus
• Use any software that saves files as JPGs to create slides for posting
• Start and end dates eliminate the display of expired slides
• Increase the display time length so ads with heavy text will show long enough
Getting Started with the UTEP Today Video Graphics System
Email the screen managers to request posting of your slide(s) to all campus screens at email@example.com.
To request a specific location for your post, visit Zone/Site Administrator Directory.
Requests should include a brief content summary, start date, end date and contact. Submit slides at least 5 days in advance of posting start date. Posting is not automatic – it is based on the discretion of the zone/site administrator for each building.
Messaging for the UTEP Today Video Graphics System
Appropriate messaging for the UTEP Today Video Graphics System should directly involve UTEP students, faculty and staff. Content recommendations include:
• Approved campus activities
• Student-led activities such as organizations and SGA.
• Sports and special events such as games, theater plays, and concerts
• Critical deadlines for academic calendar
• Important dates for university openings and closings
• Congratulations to university departments, organizations and/or individuals for
awards and honors
• Important weather and national news updates, when necessary
Inappropriate messaging includes, but is not limited to,
• Personal messages
• Non-UTEP activities
• Solicitation of goods and services
• Others determined inappropriate by the designated University administration
Formatting slides for the UTEP Today Video Graphics System
Please note the following best practices for designing and formatting slides:• Be mindful to keep graphics and text simple and uncluttered to maximize readability.
• Break slides with lots of text into multiple slides.
• Submit your slide in JPG format (1280 pixels x 960 pixels or 10" x 7.5" ratio – PowerPoint dimension)
• Font should be 14 point at minimum (bigger is better)
• Higher contrast (background vs. font) shows best
• Submissions are limited to 10 slides and
• NOTE: Not all screens have sound capability
You may find more information about the UTEP Today Video Graphics System by visiting the links below.