Marquee Content Guidelines
About the UTEP marquees
University Communications (UC), the University’s communications, marketing and media relations office, manages content posted to various marquees across the campus. The signs run 24/7 and provide an ideal medium for promoting campus events to the UTEP community.
The marquees are located in the following areas:
- The freeway marquee is positioned alongside Interstate 10 near the Schuster exit.
- The Mesa marquee is positioned along Mesa Street on the east side of the campus, near the Don Haskins Center.
- The museum marquee is located in front of the Centennial Museum and can be seen from Centennial Plaza.
Posting Policy and Submissions
The marquees deliver information to the campus and the community announcing events or activities on campus.
As such, any request to post information on the marquee must be made in connection with an event that is open to the public.
There is no cost to UTEP colleges, schools, departments, offices and programs to promote events on the marquee, but events must be of a large enough scale and broad enough for marquee consideration.
Content should be submitted two weeks prior to the event or desired run time. UC cannot guarantee timely posting of messages submitted less than a week prior to an event or desired run time.
Requests for new content should be directed to University Communications at the following email: email@example.com.
When submitting information for consideration on the marquees, please include:
- The name of the event
- The date, time and location of the event
- The hosting college, school, department or program of the event
- A UTEP phone number (747-XXXX) or UTEP website (edu) that can be referenced for more information
- Please provide additional information that is relevant for the event such as cost and parking information.
Please follow the specifications below when designing marquee graphics:
- Freeway Marquee: 352 pixels wide by 176 pixels high.
- Museum Marquee: 768 pixels wide by 1024 pixels high.
- Mesa Marquee: 270 pixels wide by 54 pixels high.
All files must be 300 dpi and submitted in JPG or PNG formats. Please avoid using white backgrounds.
Information submitted for the marquee should meet the following criteria:
- All content must be sanctioned by the University.
- All content must be designed in accordance with the University’s graphic identity guide.
- The event must be of broad interest or importance to the campus and the community and must be open to the public.
- The event must be hosted on the UTEP campus.
- The event should not imply University endorsement or approval of goods or services.
- The event should not promote illegal activities.
- The event should not promote endorsement of any candidate in any election.
- The event should not promote political or religious viewpoints.
Personal ads and birthday requests will not be considered.
The University of Texas at El Paso and University Communications reserve the right to approve, reject or edit events submitted for consideration.