Institutional Social Media Policy
Social Media Guidelines
See the Social Media Guidelines for information on posting content to a UTEP-affiliated social media account: https://www.utep.edu/university-communications/resources/social-media-guidelines.html
Social Media Community Policy
See the Social Media Community Policy for guidance related to comments:
About UTEP’s Institutional Social Media Channels
University Communications, the University’s communications, marketing and media relations office, manages content posted to UTEP’s official social media channels and updates them daily. We also monitor comments and reactions.
The official channels include:
Administrators and Identity
Administrators of UTEP’s institutional channels are designated by the Associate Vice President for External Relations and Communications.
Only assigned individuals are authorized to post on behalf of the University to UTEP’s institutional social media channels.
Institutional social media channels must be identified in accordance with UTEP’s graphic identity guide. Additionally, all content must comply with all applicable branding standards. This will include but may not be limited to:
- Profile and / or icon
- University name
- Graphics/images where the University name and official colors are used
UTEP colleges, schools, departments and offices that wish to promote content on UTEP’s official channels may submit a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information submitted for consideration should meet the following criteria:
- All requests for consideration must have prior approval by the appropriate Dean or Vice President.
- Content must be public information.
- Content must be relevant to the UTEP community but must also be relevant to our broad external audience outside of campus.
- Content must not be used for the communication of business transactions.
- Content must not imply University endorsement or approval of goods and services.
- Graphics must be designed in accordance with the University’s graphic identity guide.
- Use of third-party copyrighted or trademarked material or use of a person’s likeness without permission is not allowed.
The University of Texas at El Paso and University Communications reserve the right to approve, reject or edit content submitted for consideration.