The UTEP Recycling Program was started in 1998 and currently collects and processes 40,000 lbs. of paper products monthly with your support. Recycling 2,000 lbs. of paper saves 17 trees. Recycling is picked up on a building-by-building schedule. For additional information, a special pick up or a container request, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Follow these guidelines to maximize the process and prevent recycling stream contamination.
- White paper (includes copy paper, envelopes, and business cards)
- Shredded paper (must be bagged)
- Colored Paper (Paper fiber is dyed)
- Books (includes phone books, catalogs, spiral and comb notebooks)
- Cardboard (flattened and empty boxes)
- Printer cartridges (place in new cartridge package)
- Plastic bottles
Materials not accepted:
- Paper ream wrappers, Blue prints, glass, or metal
- Facial tissue, napkins, or paper towels
- Padded envelopes, no plastics or plastic wrap
- Foil/Mylar paper or carbon paper
- Candy or gum wrappers, food containers, or trash