Off Cycle Checks
Off Cycle checks may be requested for earnings that were due to be paid on a prior scheduled payroll run but were not processed due to incomplete records and/or appointments. Checks may be requested for the following reasons:
- A monthly employee's appointment was not approved before the monthly payroll run
- An hourly employee’s hours were not submitted by the department before the payroll deadline.
- Any retro payments for monthly employee owed earnings from prior pay periods.
Off-Cycle Payments will not be issued for:
- Vacation Payout- These will process on the next available monthly payroll.
- Moving Expense Reimbursements- These will process on the next available monthly payroll.
- Overtime- These will process on the next available monthly/semi-monthly payroll respectively.
- Longevity- These will process on the next available monthly/semi-monthly payroll respectively.
- Additional Pay (Awards, Bonuses, Supplements) - These will process on the next available monthly payroll.
Who Can Authorize Off Cycle Checks?
Off Cycle checks should be requested by the department, and approved by the authorized signer on the account.
How are Off Cycle Checks Requested?
- Department may request by completing an Off-Cycle Payroll Request Form IAP.
GO TO FORMS LIBRARY TO DOWNLOAD AN OFF-CYCLE PAYROLL REQUEST FORM
- The Off-Cycle Form should be filled out completely including the correct Employee ID, pay period to be paid, project or cost center approver, and gross pay amount.
- If the request is for an hourly employee, the hours must be submitted in PeopleSoft before the request is made.
- The employee MUST have an active assignment (job data) and a complete HR record for the requested pay period.
How are Off Cycle Checks Distributed?
Off Cycle checks are distributed every Friday after 4:00 PM, and are available for pick up in Payroll Services, University Towers, 1900 Oregon Street, Suite 602, with a photo ID.
See following deadlines:
|IAP Approved||Off Cycle Check Available|
|Before 10:00 a.m. on Thursday||4:00 p.m. on Friday|