Admission into a Graduate Program
Web site at: http://www.utep.edu/graduate
1.- General Requirements
The following documents must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Student Services for consideration for admission into a graduate degree program:
1. Completed application for admission.
2. Application/processing fee ($15 US or permanent residents, $65 International applicants)
3. Official transcripts, with the baccalaureate degree posted, of all upper-division and graduate work at accredited U.S. institution(s) or equivalent work and degree at a foreign institution. Applicants must submit one official copy of each transcript and two additional photocopies for institutions other than UTEP.
4. Evidence of a satisfactory grade point average (GPA) in upper division (junior and senior level) work and in any graduate work already completed.
5. A satisfactory score on a standardize examination (GRE, GMAT, MAT), if required by the graduate program, and a score of 550 or higher on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for international students when English is not the first language. The official test scores must be sent directly from the testing agency to the Office of Graduate Student Services; student copies are not acceptable.
6. Evidence of adequate subject preparation for the proposed graduate major.
The Graduate Studies Committee of the proposed graduate major will recommend to the Graduate School acceptance, conditional acceptance, or rejection of the application after all required documents have been received and reviewed by the Graduate School. The Graduate School will notify the applicant of the final decision.
The University of Texas at El Paso|
Developed by the UTEP Web Development Team
Revised: April 07, 1999