Concurrent Award of the BBA in Accounting and the Master of Accountancy (the combined
2.Requirements for Admission
3.Course of Study
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE COMBINED BBA/MAcc PLAN
Students are admitted to the College of Business Administration and to the accounting major based
on requirements listed in the Undergraduate Catalog. Students must be admitted to the Graduate
School and the Master of Accountancy program based on requirements listed in the Graduate Catalog
except that the completion of a Baccalaureate degree is not required. There is no conditional
admission to Graduate School under this plan.
Students must be admitted to the Graduate School before taking any courses for graduate
- Requirements related to undergraduate course work:
- Completion of the Non-Business Foundation and Business Foundation Requirements with
an average of 3.0 or better in ENGL
, MATH 3120
, MATH 3201
, ACCT 3201
, ACCT 3202
, ECON 3204
, and QMB 3201
- Completion of nine hours of non-accounting Business Core Courses.
- Completion of twelve hours of accounting courses including ACCT
, ACCT 3322
, and two of the following: ACCT
, ACCT 3323
, or ACCT 3327
- Achievement of a minimum GPA of 2.7 in all junior and senior level accounting
courses taken prior to admission. These accounting courses are restricted to the ones
listed in the Major Option Requirements for the BBA degree in Accounting.
- Requirements for unconditional admission to the Master of Accountancy program:
- General competency in quantitative skills.
- A satisfactory score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) of at least
450, and three out of five ("acceptable") or better on the analytical writing portion.
- The GMAT score plus 200 times the grade point average on all undergraduate and
graduate work previously completed must equal 1050 or more; or the GMAT score plus 200
times the upper division and graduate level GPA must equal 1100 or more.
- A grade point average of a least 2.7 on all undergraduate and graduate level work
- Foreign students require a minimum TOEFL score of 600.
STUDENTS SHOULD PLAN TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL DURING THEIR JUNIOR
A GPA OF 3.0 ON ALL WORK TAKEN BEYOND THE 90TH SEMESTER HOUR OF CREDIT IS REQUIRED TO
REMAIN IN THE GRADUATE PROGRAM.
Go to top