Welcome to the Center for Health and Human Performance
The Center for Health and Human Performance (CHHP) is a community-based exercise program for adults providing a comprehensive fitness program with the aim of improving overall health, functional ability, athletic performance, and/or activities of daily living. Supervised weekly training sessions concentrate on resistance training, cardiovascular training, coordination, speed, agility, flexibility, and balance. The CHHP program aims to provide a comfortable exercise environment for people with different fitness levels working together towards the common goal of improving overall health, performance, and quality of life.
Benefits of Physical Activity
- Physical activity is the single most effective method for maintaining overall health.
- It has been shown that regular physical activity benefits the muscles, joints, and bones of individuals of all ages, while simultaneously regulating hormones, stimulating nerves, and improving metabolism and circulation.
- Research also indicates that structured and supervised resistance training programs help sedentary adults experience significant improvements in bone and muscle health.
- Regular exercise helps to regulate blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Physical activity can improve emotional and social function while enhancing quality of life and longevity.
The CHHP offers several packages tailored to meet your goals.