If you wish to apply to our online programs, M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Bilingual Education or M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Early Childhood Education, please select the UTEP Connect option.
Before admission to the Teacher Education Graduate Program, applicants must comply with the General Admission Requirements section of the University's Graduate Catalog. For admission to the Teacher Education Graduate Program, applicants must be certified teachers or have at least 12 semester hours of undergraduate upper-division education courses. Additional information:
- Student's academic transcripts (3.0 GPA).
- Statement of purpose.
- Student's resume with the latest work experience and skills.
- If you are an international student, we need TOEFL score of 213 (550 paper-based) or above.
- No more than six semester hours of graduate work with a grade of "B" or better may be transferred from another institution.
- Courses taken prior to formal admission into a graduate program cannot be counted toward a graduate degree without the specific recommendation of the departmental committee on graduate studies and approval of the Graduate School.
For more information about admission, please visit the department's Graduate Program website at academics.utep.edu/tedgrad and read the College of Education and Graduate School sections of the Graduate Catalog
Fall: July 15
Spring: December 1
Summer: April 15