Possible Natural Hazards
The University of Texas at El Paso is in a region that faces many weather conditions and natural hazards; at times, these are significant enough to disrupt normal business activities. These may include:
- Heat Waves
- Severe Thunderstorms (Hail, Lightning)
- Flash Flooding/ Floods
- High Wind Events
- Possible Tornadoes
- Winter Weather (Ice Storms, Snow, and Sleet)
Though most natural conditions result from natural weather patterns, others, such as earthquakes, are unique.
When any of these events occur, it is essential to take precautionary measures, including:
- Accessing the Mass Media for Weather Updates
- Miner Alert Notification System
- Staying Indoors
- In the unlikely event of an earthquake, please remember to Drop, Cover and Hold On.