Humanities Education and Research Association (HERA)
The mission of the organization is to promote the worldwide study, teaching and understanding of the humanities across a range of disciplines, including, but not limited to:
- Ancient and modern languages and literatures, written or oral
- Philosophy and religion
- The visual arts and architecture
- The performing arts, including theater, dance, and music
- Performing media, including film, television, and the Internet
- Related fields such as archeology, anthropology, ethnic studies, women's studies, and history of science and engineering
- Those aspects of social sciences, which have humanistic content and employ humanistic methods.
- Support the application of the humanities to the human environment with particular attention to reflecting our diverse heritage, traditions, and history and to the relevance of the humanities to the current conditions of national life.
- Support the interchange of research and the scholarships of knowledge, teaching and service in the humanities through conferences, publications, and related activities in a worldwide context
- Provide additional forums for the exchange of ideas regarding humanities education in schools, colleges and universities, libraries and museums, and other contexts.
The Humanities Education and Research Association is organized as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, exclusively for charitable, research and education purposes.
The New HERA Newsletter - WINTER 2020
Latest issue of the HERA Interdisciplinary Humanities Journal FALL 2018 has been published.
Donate to Humanities Education and Research Association
The University of Texas at El Paso is neither the official host nor sponsor of the HERA conference.