The String Project at UTEP
Registration will open for Fall 2021 on April 5th!
Please visit our Facebook page
- The University of Texas at El Paso String Project is a fantastic music program that offers low-cost instruction on stringed instruments (violin, viola and cello) to children in 1st through 8th grade.
- Participants in the program meet for ensemble practice sessions with the Master Teacher, UTEP faculty, and UTEP string music majors every Saturday morning from 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM and some weekday sessions as well. The String Project at UTEP follows the UTEP academic calendar.
- Participants in the String Project will take weekly lessons with an assigned Teaching Assistant and participate in a weekly group class / ensemble practice.
- The String Project at UTEP is designed to bring the joy of playing music and learning an instrument to children earlier than they may be exposed to it in a school environment.
- The String Project at UTEP is thankful for the support offered by the NAMM Foundation, the National String Project Consortium (NSPC), and UTEP.
- Participation in the String Project at UTEP is contingent on your agreement with the String Project Waiver. Please read the String Project at UTEP REQUIRED Waiver Form. Participation in any String Project activity assumes that the parent/legal guardian has read and agreed to this waiver:
- (coming soon)
- To find out more about instrument rental please visit the Instrumental rental page
- Be sure that your child is prepared with music, a notebook, folding music stand, instrument, pencil, shoulder rest (violins) / chair + rock stop (cellos) for the weekly group class!
- Thank you for your support of this wonderful program!
- For questions and/or concerns, please contact Project Director Dr. Stephanie Meyers / firstname.lastname@example.org / (915) 747-7810 (office)
SAVE the DATE!
- Monday, April 5th – Fall 2021 Registration Opens!
- Early Bird deadline is Monday, April 26th at 11:00 PM!
Starting Fall 2021, we will offer weekly ensemble practice and lessons to grades 6-8! To take lessons through String Project, you must be an active participant in the weekly ensemble practice session!