Third UTEP Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
Last Updated on March 26, 2020 at 5:57 AM
Originally published March 26, 2020
By UC Staff
On Thursday, March 26, a third male employee of The University of Texas at El Paso tested positive for COVID-19. The employee traveled to the same out-of-town event as the first two employees who tested positive and returned to El Paso on Thursday, March 12.
He is in self-isolation and recovering at home.
The employee had limited access to the Foster Stevens Center on March 13. The facility has been isolated and cleaned regularly with disinfectant. It was also closed and disinfected again March 24.
Campus officials and support services are in contact by phone with the employee on a daily basis.
The following are recommendations to stay safe:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash immediately after use.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
For the latest updates on the University’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.utep.edu/coronavirus.