Two UTEP Employees Test Positive for COVID-19
Last Updated on March 24, 2020 at 12:00 AM
Originally published March 24, 2020
By UC Staff
On Tuesday, March 24, two male employees of The University of Texas at El Paso tested positive for COVID-19. The employees traveled to an out-of-town event and returned to El Paso on Thursday, March 12.
Both employees are in self isolation and recovering at home.
Campus officials and support services are in contact by phone with the employees on a daily basis.
One of the employees had limited access into the Foster Stevens Basketball Center and the Larry K. Durham Sports Center on March 13. Both facilities have been isolated and have been cleaned regularly with disinfectant.
The following are recommendations to stay safe:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash immediately after use.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask
For the latest updates on the University’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit www.utep.edu/coronavirus.