CCSB G.0701 & PSCI 103
- A powerful technique used to determine physical and chemical properties.
- Provides information about structure, dynamics and chemical environment of molecules.
- Dozens of experiments: Proton, Carbon-13, COSY, NOESY, HSQC, etc..
- Experiment time: 2 mins to hours
- 2 –50mg of purified substance required.
- JeolECA 600 –600 MHz high filed dual channel NMR with auto-sampler and gradient capabilities
- Bruker AV III HD 400 –Dual channel 400 MHz NMR with gradient capabilities.
- Bruker DPX 300 –Dual channel 300 MHz with manual tuning.
Cryo-electron Microscopy Facility
Center for Molecular Structure
- Determination of crystal structures of small molecules
- Crystal selection
- Crystal mounting
- Data Acquisition
- Solving the structure
- Analyses of the crystal structure
- Single Crystal (larger than 20μm, smaller than 1 mm)
- Liquid Nitrogen (optional)
Dr. Alejandro Metta
Other Departmental Instruments
- Bruker EMX Plus X-band EPR/ESR
- Useful for studying metal complexes and organic radicals.
- Cryo free low temperature down to 10K.
- Mainly used by Chemistry and Physics.
- JEOL AccuTOF TC-100 Mass Spectrometer
- DART (Direct Analysis in Real Time)
- Mainly used by Chemistry
- NT-MDT AFM/STM
- AFM and STM
- Imaging surfaces at atomic level
Dr. Sohan De Silva
Office: (915) 747-5861 (CCS 2.0308)
NMR: (915) 747-5893 (CCS G.0701)
(915)747-7569 (PCSI 103)
EPR/LCMS: (915) 747-8665 (CCS G.0702)