Awards and Accolades
12/18/2020 - PhD Graduate Student from the Xiao Group wins College of Science Best Dissertation Award
Yuejiao (Asha) Xian, a UTEP Chemistry & BIochemistry graduate student from the Xiao Group was awarded the Best DIssertation Award from the UTEP College of Science. The CoS Best Thesis-Best Dissertation Committee met at the end of the fall semester and chose Asha's dissertation titled "Structural Characterization of Two Large Icosahedral DNA Viruses and Their Capsid Assembly Mechanisms". She was chose after presenting her work and a lengthy Q&A. Congrats, Dr. Xian!
11/19/2020 - Graduate Student from the Narayan Group Recognized at IEEE International Conference on Nanomaterials: Applications & Properties
Jyoti Ahlawat, a UTEP Chemistry & BIochemistry graduate student from the Narayan Group was awarded a Rising Star in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology: Best Presentation Award at NAP 2020. The IEEE International Conference on Nanomaterials is one of the largest nanoconferences in Eastern Europe. Congrats, Jyoti!
10/29/2020 - Undergraduate Student Recognized at 2020 SACNAS Virtual Conference
Paulina Rios, a UTEP Biology undergraduate student, was awarded with the Undergraduate Student Poster Presentation Award in Biochemistry at the 2020 SACNAS - The National Diversity in STEM Conference.
Open Job Positions
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or related fields
- Proficiency in Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry, preferably on an Agilent system.
- Proficiency in MassHunter software or other qualitative and quantitative data analysis system.
- Skills in statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis.
- Knowledge in statistical program, such as R.
- Skills in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research projects, evaluate research data, ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity, interpret and publish research findings, and communicate effectively.
An earned doctorate in Chemistry or Biochemistry, with an emphasis on discipline-based education research (DBER) practices, as well as publications in the area of chemical education, are required. Postdoctoral experience is highly preferred. Applicants with potential to attract external funding, and the ability to teach and direct research foundation classes are highly desired.
An earned doctorate in chemistry or biochemistry in any subdivision with a related emphasis in Energy. A strong record of research accomplishments (e.g. a strong publication record). Postdoctoral experience is preferred. Applicants are expected to have the ability to obtain external funding, and direct independent and collaborative research.
- PhD in chemistry or biochemistry or related fields
- Distinguished record of research and teaching
- Postdoctoral Training
An earned doctorate in chemistry or biochemistry, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary and problem-based research as well as publications in relevant areas. Postdoctoral experience and a strong record of high-impact publications are highly preferred. Evidence of existing/prior funding will be given strong consideration. Applicants with potential to attract external funding, and the ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate level are highly desired.