- To be appointed and continue as a Teaching or Research Assistant you have to :
- be enrolled for at least 9 credit hours in each semester
- complete the UTEP Compliance Training once a year
- To successfully complete our program and graduate with a M.S. in Physics, you need to:
- maintain at least a B average (3.0 GPA)
- two C letter grades will result in you being put on probation (with a third leading to you being automatically dropped from the program)
- All graduate students are required to attend the bi-weekly departmental colloquium and any other special seminar or presentation
- By the end of their first semester all graduate students need to select an “advisor” who is going to mentor them and guide their research progress towards the completion of their degree.