Areas of investigations: Heavy Ion Reactions, Nuclear Matter, Nuclear Pasta, Neutron Star Crusts, Neutron-Rich matter, Isoscaling, Nuclear Equation of State, Nuclear Symmetry Energy, and in general the physics of neutron-rich nuclei.
To see a complete list of present and past members of the group: click here.
Dr. Jorge A. Lopez, Professor
- Extension of nuclear phase diagram into the isospin dimension.
- Effect of Coulomb forces in the formation of nuclear pasta.
- Structure of neutron star crusts.
- "Isospin-asymmetric nuclear matter", J.A. López, E. Ramírez-Homs, R. González and R. Ravelo, Phys. Rev. C 89, 024611 (2014); see preprint here.
- "Simulations of cold matter at subsaturation densities", P.A. Giménez-Molinelli, J.I. Nichols, J.A. López and C.O. Dorso, Nuc. Phys. A, 923, Pp. 31-50, 2014.
- "Topological characterization of neutron star crusts", C.O. Dorso, P. Giménez-Molinelli and J.A. López, published in The Physical Review C86 055805 (2012). Download preprint in the Arxivs.
- "From nuclei to nuclear pasta" , C.O. Dorso, P.A. Gíménez-Molinelli and J.A. López, in "Neutron Star Crust", Eds. C.A. Bertulani and J. Piekarewicz, 2012 Nova Science Publishers, Inc. See preprint here.