Connecting with you Remotely
TEXAS GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL SCHOOLS VIRTUAL FAIR (TxGAP)
Attend this virtual event to CHAT with over 70 graduate and professional schools about advanced degree options. This event is hosted by the Texas Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (TXGAP) in partnership with the UTEP Career Center.
- Friday, October 16
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- Click here to view list of participating institutions
- Click here to register in ADVANCE
Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
UTEP is taking measures to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and faculty during the COVID-19 outbreak.
All COVID-19 updates can be found at www.utep.edu/ehs/COVID-19/
NOW more than ever don’t be scammed: AVOID FRAUDULENT JOBSYour UTEP Career Center offers the following tips to help you avoid being scammed by fraudulent jobs. If you encounter any suspicious activity, please email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Core essentials to avoiding a job scam:
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card number to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited into any of your accounts by a new employer – you should know them first. (Most employers give the option of direct deposit or a paycheck, and make these arrangements during your first day or week of actual employment, on-site – not before.)
- Do not forward, transfer, send by courier (EX:
FedEX, UPS), or "wire" money to anyone. Do not be tricked into becoming a money mule.
- Do not respond to suspicious and/or "too good to be true" unsolicited job emails.
- In general, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job, but there are some rare exceptions.