University Career Center - Working Remotely
The Career Center is OPEN and available to meet with you ONLINE. The staff is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. We look forward to speaking with you via MS Teams. Please email us at email@example.com or call us at 915-747-5640. We miss seeing you in person, so please do not hesitate to reach out.
UTEP is taking measures to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and faculty during the COVID-19 outbreak. All COVID-19 updates can be found at www.utep.edu/covid-19.
- Learn about the services available to you, as a UTEP student
- Meet with Career Center staff for your academic college
- Access major-specific information
- Log in to Job Mine for jobs posted by employers or events taking place online
- Follow us on social media @utepcareers
NOW more than ever don’t be scammed: AVOID FRAUDULENT JOBSYour UTEP Career Center offers the following tips to help you avoid being scammed by fraudulent jobs. If you encounter any suspicious activity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Core essentials to avoiding a job scam:
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card number to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited into any of your accounts by a new employer – you should know them first. (Most employers give the option of direct deposit or a paycheck, and make these arrangements during your first day or week of actual employment, on-site – not before.)
- Do not forward, transfer, send by courier (EX:
FedEX, UPS), or "wire" money to anyone. Do not be tricked into becoming a money mule.
- Do not respond to suspicious and/or "too good to be true" unsolicited job emails.
- In general, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job, but there are some rare exceptions.