Connecting with you Remotely
Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
UTEP is taking measures to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and faculty during the COVID-19 outbreak.
All COVID-19 updates can be found at www.utep.edu/ehs/COVID-19/
NOW more than ever don’t be scammed: AVOID FRAUDULENT JOBSYour UTEP Career Center offers the following tips to help you avoid being scammed by fraudulent jobs. If you encounter any suspicious activity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Core essentials to avoiding a job scam:
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card number to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited into any of your accounts by a new employer – you should know them first. (Most employers give the option of direct deposit or a paycheck, and make these arrangements during your first day or week of actual employment, on-site – not before.)
- Do not forward, transfer, send by courier (EX:
FedEX, UPS), or "wire" money to anyone. Do not be tricked into becoming a money mule.
- Do not respond to suspicious and/or "too good to be true" unsolicited job emails.
- In general, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job, but there are some rare exceptions.