University Career Center
Welcome to the Career Center, we invite you to learn about the array of services available to you as a UTEP student. Connect to your college liaison and peer career advisor, access major specific information, and learn about employers recruiting on campus.
* NOTE: Must be a UTEP student paying student-services fees to receive our services or an active member of the UTEP Alumni Association.
Career Center Videos
Don’t Be Scammed: AVOID FRAUDULENT JOBSYour UTEP Career Center offers the following tips to help you avoid being scammed by fraudulent jobs. If you encounter any suspicious activity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Core essentials to avoiding a job scam:
- Do not give your personal bank account, PayPal account, or credit card number to a new employer.
- Do not agree to have funds or paychecks directly deposited into any of your accounts by a new employer – you should know them first. (Most employers give the option of direct deposit or a paycheck, and make these arrangements during your first day or week of actual employment, on site – not before.)
- Do not forward, transfer, send by courier (EX: FedEX, UPS), or "wire" money to anyone. Do not be tricked into becoming a money mule.
- Do not respond to suspicious and/or "too good to be true" unsolicited job emails.
- In general, applicants do not pay a fee to obtain a job, but there are some rare exceptions.