Career Guides and Sample Documents
Use the handouts below to help in your career exploration and preparation. The samples are simply a tool to guide you in creating your own personalized document. If you would like to sit down with one of our professional staff members, please contact our office at 747-5640. You can also walk-in to our office and receive assistance from one of our peer career advisors or email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org for an online review.
Graduate students need to schedule an appointment with a professional staff member assigned to your academic college to receive résumé or CV assistance, mock interviews, or career advising.
EDUCATION MAJORS: American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) Handbook (PDF)
*Pick your hard copy up at the Career Center, 103 W. Union Bldg.
- Freshmen Business Résumé (PDF)
- Freshmen Education Résumé (PDF)
- Freshman Engineering Résumé (PDF)
- Freshman Health Sciences Résumé (PDF)
- Freshman Liberal Arts Résumé (PDF)
- Freshman Nursing Résumé (PDF)
- Freshman Science Résumé (PDF)
Job Search Documents
- Undergraduate Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Functional Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Experienced Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Cover Letter Sample (PDF)
- Thank You Letter Sample (PDF)
- References Sample (PDF)
- Accomplishment Statements for a Résumé (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae Guidelines (PDF)
- Dress for Success - Men and Women (PDF)
- Interview Strategies (PDF)
- Elevator Speech (PDF)
- Have you Considered Federal Employment (PDF)
- Translate Military Experience into a Job-Winning Résumé (PDF)
- Accepting/Declining a Job Offer (PDF)
If you need ADA- related or special accommodations accessing these resources, please contact the Career Center at 915-747-5640 or email@example.com.