The handouts below are intended to help you in your career exploration and preparation. These documents are tools to guide you in creating your own personalized document. If you would like to meet or speak (virtually) with one of our professional staff members, please contact us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment via MS TEAMS. You can also have your résumé reviewed via email by sending your document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate students need to schedule an appointment (virtual) with a professional staff member assigned to your academic college to receive résumé or CV assistance, mock interviews, or career advising. Please email them directly based on your UG/GR degree.
- Freshman (UNIV 1301) Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Freshman Editable Résumé (WORD)
- Undergraduate Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Functional Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Experienced Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Military Résumé Sample (PDF)
- Downloadable Resume Template (WORD)
- Accomplishment Statements for a Résumé (PDF)
- Cover Letter Sample (PDF)
- Personal statement worksheet (PDF)
- How to ask for a letter of recommendation (PDF)
- Dress for Success - Men and Women (PDF)
- Interview Strategies (PDF)
- Elevator Speech (PDF)
- Thank You Letter Sample (PDF)
- Accepting/Declining a Job Offer (PDF)
- References Sample (PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae Guidelines (PDF)
- Have you Considered Federal Employment (PDF)
- Translate Military Experience into a Job-Winning Résumé (PDF)
- Information Interview (Networking)
If you need help accessing these documents, contact the Career Center at email@example.com.
Interview Preparation Videos and Resources
Here are additional resources to help you polish your interviewing skills. If you need to complete a mock interview assignment within Interviewstream, please have your "Assignment CODE" ready. You will need to use your UTEP email to access this online tool. Not sure where to find it? Call or email us with the name of your instructor and course number.
utep.interviewstream.com and candidcareers.com/utep