Employer-led Professional Development Institute
For payment assitance call:
EPDI Student Assitant
What is EPDI?
What you will gain:
- Hands-on experience to help their career exploration and gain competitive credentials
- A menu of professional development activities to choose from
- Meaningful interaction with employers in specific fields
- Opportunities to network with other students in the cohort
- Hear Intellectually and fulfilling career related experiences
- Skills to articulate professional and academic experience
- Students must have at least completed 60 credit hours and are classified as a Junior or a Senior in their academic major. Due to funding limitations, this program is not available to graduate students.
- Students who have previously completed an EPDI cohort are ineligible.
To receive the $200 service award, student participants must complete the following:
- Register for and attend one kick-off session ( 30 minutes )
- Register for eight EPDI (8) virtual professional development sessions
- Apply to the EPDI Practice Job on Job Mine by uploading a resume, cover letter, and scheduling a mock interview
- Must complete a resume review with the University Career Center
- Must schedule a mock interview with the University Career Center
- (Optional) ccomplete a cover letter review with the University Career Center
Optional: Bonus Activities
To receive the additional $200 service award, student participants can complete the optional bonus activities. The additional award is only available to students who have completed the eight (8) required sessions and applied to the EPDI Practice Job on Job Mine
- Participate in three (3) bonus activities.
Registration Instructions: Attend any one of the EPDI Kick-off Sessions noted below.
Register via Job Mine under “Events”
- Wednesday, September 7th at 3 pm MT via zoom (link provided inside Job Mine)
- Thursday, September 8th at 3 pm MT at Union East room 313
- Friday, September 9th at 12 pm MT via zoom (link provided inside Job Mine)
How do I get in contact with the EPDI team?
Students can email email@example.com or call us at 915-747-7525.
How many sessions do I have to complete?
Students accepted into the program are required to complete eight (8) sessions, prior to the last day of the institute.
How long is the program?
The program is eight weeks long.
Who can join the program?
The program is open to currently enrolled students who have at least completed 60 credit hours and are classified as a Junior or a Senior in their academic major. Students who have previously completed an EPDI cohort are ineligible.
Who should join the program?
Students who are interested in gaining a competitive edge in obtaining internships and employment should apply for this program.
How do I register for the program?
Fall 2022 registration is now open and students can register under “events” on Job Mine.
When will I know if I was accepted into the program?
Once students attend a kick-off session and sign the EPDI official sign- up form, students will receive a confirmation email that confirms their enrollment into the program.
How do I register for each professional development session?
All EPDI session will be available via Job Mine under “events”.
How do I keep track of the sessions/bonus activities that I have attended?
Students will be able to see their attendance via Job Mine in their "Scorecard".
**Attendance status may take up to 5 business days after a workshop to update and reflect on your scorecard.
Can I attend more sessions than the eight (8) that are required?
Yes, students in the program can attend as many sessions as they would like.
I want to connect with an employer that hosted an institute, how can I do that?
Please contact the EPDI Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is another professional development workshop on campus/Job Mine that I want to attend, will that count toward this program?
No. Students in the program are required to attend the workshop that are labeled with “EPDI Fall 2022” in Job Mine.
When will I receive my service award?
Students who have complete part one of the program requirements (8 workshops and have successfully applied to the EPDI Practice Job) will receive an invitation to PaymentWorks from Amey Gomez, Employer Led Professional Development Institute Coordinator.
Students who have completed part two of the program requirements (3 bonus activities) do not have to complete any additional registration for Payment Work. They will have their second payment processed automatically.
**Payment may take up to 5 weeks after PaymentWork accounts registration.
Will the service award impact my financial eligibility?
No. The service award will not interfere with students’ financial aid eligibility.