Employer-led Professional Development Institute
Fall 2022 Registration is NOW OPEN
What is EPDI?
What you will gain:
- Hands-on experience to help their career exploration and gain competitive credentials
- A menu of professional development activities to choose from
- Meaningful interaction with employers in specific fields
- Opportunities to network with other students in the cohort
- Hear Intellectually and fulfilling career related experiences
- Skills to articulate professional and academic experience
- Students must have at least completed 60 credit hours and are classified as a Junior or a Senior in their academic major. Due to funding limitations, this program is not available to graduate students.
- Students who have previously completed an EPDI cohort are ineligible.
To receive the $200 service award, student participants must complete the following:
- Register for and attend one kick-off session ( 30 minutes )
- Register for eight EPDI (8) virtual professional development sessions
- Apply to the EPDI Practice Job on Job Mine by uploading a resume, cover letter, and scheduling a mock interview
- Must complete a resume review with the University Career Center
- Must schedule a mock interview with the University Career Center
- (Optional) ccomplete a cover letter review with the University Career Center
Optional: Bonus Activities
To receive the additional $200 service award, student participants can complete the optional bonus activities. The additional award is only available to students who have completed the eight (8) required sessions and applied to the EPDI Practice Job on Job Mine
- Participate in three (3) bonus activities.
Registration Instructions: Attend any one of the EPDI Kick-off Sessions noted below.
Register via Job Mine under “Events”
- Wednesday, September 7th at 3 pm MT via zoom (link provided inside Job Mine)
- Thursday, September 8th at 3 pm MT at Union East room 313
- Friday, September 9th at 12 pm MT via zoom (link provided inside Job Mine)
09/14 @ 3pm MST How the Career Center Can Help Students by University Career Center
09/15 @ 3pm MST Creating a Successful Resume by Target
09/16 @1 12pm MST Building your brand & Career Planning by Dell
09/19 @ 3pm MST Navigating a Career Fair by University Career Center
9/26 @ 3pm MST Networking & Relationship Building by Techtronic Industries
09/27 @ 3pm MST Rock Your in Person/ Virtual Job Interview by Lockheed Martin
10/5 @3pm MST Standout with your Strengths by ADP
10/6 @ 3PM You Revived a Job Offer Now What ? by Halliburton
10/7 @ 12PM MST Pursuing Entrepreneurship by Black Stone
10/13 @ 3pm MST The Importance Of Diversity In the Workplace by NASA
10/14 @ 12pm MST How To Rock Your Summer Internship by Texas Instruments
10/18 @ 3pm MST Service Around the World by Peace Corps
10/19 @ 3pm MST Career Specific Session
10/20 @ 3pm MST Career Specific Session
10/21 @ 3pm MST Career Specific Session
10/24 @ 3pm MST Working For the Federal Government by The National Endowment For the Humanities
11/2 @ 3pm MST What Can I Do With A law Degree? By Helen of Troy
11/3 @ 3PM MST Career Specific Session
11/4 @ 3PM MST Career Specific Session
This Schedule is subject to change based on employer availability
What is a Bonus Activity?
A bonus activity is an engagement opportunity that will further enhance your professional skills by allowing you to practice with the University Career Center and gain valuable feedback. The additional $200 award is only available to students who have completed the eight (8) required sessions and applied to the EPDI Practice Job on Job Mine by uploadadding a resume, cover letter, and scheduling a mock interview.
Choose at least THREE Bonus Activates
- LinkedIn Review with the University Career Center
- Earn a LinkedIn Learning Certification, Last Day to Complete October 2 nd
- Submit your certificate of completion here
- Earn a Grow with Google Certification for a Pathway
- Submit your certificate of completion here
- Complete the Strengths Finder assessment & attend the Strength finder workshop. DATE TBD
- Complete the UTEP Standout Assessment & attend the Workshop on Tuesday, October 11 th AT 3PM MST
- Download the UTEP Standout Assessment instructions.
- Attend Career Expo:
- Thursday, September 22 nd from 10 am till 2pm at Don Haskin.
- Friday, September 23 rd from 10 am till 2pm at Don Haskin.
- Attend at least 1 session from Career Week ( Sep 12- Sep 12)
- Attend at least 1 session from Graduate and Professional Schools week (Sep 27- Sep 29)
- Attend Graduate and Professional Schools Fair on Tuesday, October 4 th from Pam-2pm at the Tomas Rivera Conference Center (TRCC), Union Building East – Third floor
- Attend the University Career Center Open house on October 26th time TBD
- Attend Virtual Career Expo Friday, October 7 th from 9 am to 3pm
- Complete a mock interview with the University Career Center
Office Hours: Monday 12pm – 2pm
EPDI Coordinator: Amey Gomez
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Human Resource Management
First Job: UTEP New Student Orientation Leader
Happiness Projects or Interesting Facts: I love playing volleyball, playing my electric guitar, walking my dogs, and spending time with my friends and family.
Strengths: Woo | Maximizer | Relator | Intellection | Activator
Office Hours: Fridays 1pm – 3pm
EPDI Intern: Xitllali A
Major: Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media Production
First Job: UTEP Entering Student Experience Peer Leader
Happiness Projects or Interesting Facts: I like to play video games, draw, hang out with my sisters, and pet animals.
Strengths: Harmony | Consistency | Intellection | Deliberative | Relator
How do I get in contact with the EPDI team?
Students can email email@example.com or call us at 915-747-7525.
How many sessions do I have to complete?
Students accepted into the program are required to complete eight (8) sessions, prior to the last day of the institute.
How long is the program?
The program is eight weeks long.
Who can join the program?
The program is open to currently enrolled students who have at least completed 60 credit hours and are classified as a Junior or a Senior in their academic major. Students who have previously completed an EPDI cohort are ineligible.
Who should join the program?
Students who are interested in gaining a competitive edge in obtaining internships and employment should apply for this program.
How do I register for the program?
Fall 2022 registration is now open and students can register under “events” on Job Mine.
When will I know if I was accepted into the program?
Once students attend a kick-off session and sign the EPDI official sign- up form, students will receive a confirmation email that confirms their enrollment into the program.
How do I register for each professional development session?
All EPDI session will be available via Job Mine under “events”.
How do I keep track of the sessions/bonus activities that I have attended?
Students will be able to see their attendance via Job Mine in their "Scorecard".
**Attendance status may take up to 5 business days after a workshop to update and reflect on your scorecard.
Can I attend more sessions than the eight (8) that are required?
Yes, students in the program can attend as many sessions as they would like.
I want to connect with an employer that hosted an institute, how can I do that?
Please contact the EPDI Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is another professional development workshop on campus/Job Mine that I want to attend, will that count toward this program?
No. Students in the program are required to attend the workshop that are labeled with “EPDI Fall 2022” in Job Mine.
When will I receive my service award?
Students who have complete part one of the program requirements (8 workshops and have successfully applied to the EPDI Practice Job) will receive an invitation to PaymentWorks from Amey Gomez, Employer Led Professional Development Institute Coordinator.
Students who have completed part two of the program requirements (3 bonus activities) do not have to complete any additional registration for Payment Work. They will have their second payment processed automatically.
**Payment may take up to 5 weeks after PaymentWork accounts registration.
Will the service award impact my financial eligibility?
No. The service award will not interfere with students’ financial aid eligibility.