Virtual Career Center
Résumé & Cover Letter Virtual Reviews
Email your résumé and/or cover letter for an online review. Send in PDF format.
We can also conduct a 1:1 résumé review with you via MS Teams. Email your request and provide two availability timeframe.
Microsoft Teams for Virtual Meetings
As a student, you will have access to Microsoft Teams where many classes, meetings, and interviews can take place. Follow these simple steps to set up your account:
- Students can download the Office 365 apps through the Microsoft Office Portal.
- Sign in using your @miners email account.
Click the “Teams” icon (see image below)
- Watch the video to assist you in creating a Microsoft Teams Account.
Virtual Career Advising
We are ready to have a 1:1 conversation with you! Email to schedule your appointment via MS Teams.
- What can I do with my major?
What Can I Do With This Major? or Mining Majors
- Explore your interests
- Seek UT
Your Online Presence
Create Your LinkedIn Account:
- Watch our LinkedIn PowerPoint
- Go to LinkedIn.com
- Upload a professional photo
- Join alumni and specialty groups
- Upload your revised résumé
- Showcase (photo or video) sample of your work
- Consider networking with UTEP alumni or professionals in your field of interest
Check out this video’s tips for an optimal LinkedIn account.
Setup your Job Mine Account
- Update your Job Mine Account information
- Upload your résumé into Job Mine
- Explore job postings and apply
Virtual Interview Tips
Due to the current circumstances, employers may conduct interviews virtually. Here are some tips to help you:
**You can email for mock interview guidance and interview preparation.
Virtual Job Hunting Tips
With this new evolution to job hunting, this video provides tips and tricks to assist you in finding your next potential opportunity!
- Emails will be sent to students who meet the criteria for internship opportunities
- Search Job Mine for internship posts
- Email us with further questions or guidance firstname.lastname@example.org
Navigating Job Mine
More Video Tutorials
Virtual Professional Development Workshops for Online Classes
UTEP professor and instructor invite the Career Center to speak to your online class. We can provide a 30 - 40-minute session via Blackboard. Here’s how it works:Select the workshop you would like us to conduct from the list below and email Claudia P. Dominguez at email@example.com with the following information:
- Date/time of presentation
- The topic you would like us to cover
- Number of students in your class
- How the Career Center can help you: Take our crash course on how to activate your Job Mine account, take advantage of the Internship Program, and use the Career Center’s student tools.
- Crafting an Effective Résumé & Cover Letter: Learn how to make a great first impression in writing by showcasing your accomplishments in a résumé and cover letter employers won’t be able to resist.
- Mastering the Online Interview: Gain insight
intowhat you need to do before, during, and after your interview. We will teach you how to respond to questions based on the S.T.A.R. approach.
- Finding an Internship: Internships give you the edge to launch your career. Learn about the importance of internships, where to find them, and how to be part of the Internship Program.
- Pathways to Excel: Education, Experience, Community Involvement, Eye to the Future, and Leadership: Learn the steps of becoming a top-notch job candidate by improving your education, experience, community involvement,
- How to Navigate a Virtual Career Fair: Ace your next career fair by learning what to do before, during and after the event and how to develop your elevator speech.
- Working for the Federal Government: Become an expert on the Student Pathways Program, navigating USAJobs.gov, and creating your federal résumé.
- Transitioning from Classroom to Workforce: Transition from student to professional by following our tips on making first impressions, communicating in the workplace, and becoming an indispensable employee.
- Negotiating a Job Offer: Always get what you’re worth by following our tips on evaluating, negotiating and countering job offers.
- Developing a Curriculum Vitae (CV): Build your strongest American CV by learning how to market your skills and highlight your academic and professional experience.
- Preparing for Graduate School: Learn the ins-and-outs of the graduate school application process, including how to fund your graduate degree and start developing your statement of purpose.
- Establishing your LinkedIn Profile: Turn your LinkedIn account into a job offer by following our tips on building a marketable account, creating networks, and connecting with professionals.
- Building a Teacher Portfolio (Education majors): Get a step-by-step guide on how to develop and utilize your teacher portfolio.
Are you overseeing an internship in the times of COVID? Here are some resources for you - Guide (PDF).
Liaisons to Academic Colleges
A Career Center professional is assigned to your academic college to collaborative
Craig Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) – College of Education
Heriberto Garcia (email@example.com) – College of Engineering
Moisés Buenfil (firstname.lastname@example.org) – College of Liberal Arts
Claudia Dominguez (email@example.com) – College of Health Science & Schools of Nursing and Pharmacy
Nick Zweig (firstname.lastname@example.org) – College of Science
Pamela Prieto (email@example.com) – College of Business Administration
For more faculty information, visit our Career Center Faculty Tab.
Thank you for your interest in hiring UTEP students. You will find that our students are excellent candidates with attractive skills that will contribute to the success of your organization. Count on the Career Center to help facilitate your job posting; our office serves the entire UTEP student population. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Below are some quick links for virtual assistance.
Create and/or update your Employer Job Mine account to post new job positions or internship opportunities. Please make us aware if you are still hiring during these unique times to better advertise to our UTEP students.
Access tips and guidance on how to recruit students.
Email us to request information or assistance. Please be specific to your inquiries and we will direct you to personnel that can best assist you.