UTEP Football Student Tailgate Zone
The Second Home Football Game Student Tailgate Zone will be from 2:30pm until 6:30PM Mountain Standard Time (MST). Students with special permits (tailgate experience or tailgate parking permit) will be required to arrive at the Sun Bowl Parking Garage between 2:30pm and 3:00pm MST in order to be allowed in their designated space.
TAILGATE EXPERIENCE PERMIT
The Tailgate Experience Permit allows a student to pull their vehicle into a designated space on top of the garage, pitch and secure a tent (maximum 10 x 10 ft) within 3 feet in front of or behind the vehicle. Participants will receive a wristband with proof of active Miner Gold Card or Football Ticket that acts as a fast pass into the Sun Bowl Stadium. Wristbands will be available on the top level of the Sun Bowl Garage.
Students with this permit must arrive between 2 to 3pm. DJ will play from 3:30pm to 6:30pm.
Cars that arrive after 3:00pm will not be allowed in the tailgate zone.
STUDENT TAILGATE PARKING PERMIT
The Student Tailgate Parking Permit allows students to park in any non-reserved parking spot in the Sun Bowl Parking lot and attend the Tailgate Experience as space allows. Participants will receive a wristband with proof of active Miner Gold Card or Football Ticket that acts as a fast pass into the Sun Bowl Stadium. Wristbands will be available on the top level of the Sun Bowl Garage.
Deadline to apply for your permit is Thursday, September 19th. Permits will be available for pick-up starting Wednesday at Noon to Friday at 4:00pm at Union West, Room 102, 500 W University.
Applies to both permits:
· No Tailgate or consumption of alcohol will be allowed outside of the designated tailgate space.
· All Student Tailgate Experience participants must possess a valid Miner Gold Card or a purchase a guest ticket into the Football Game.
· Once a car exits the Student Tailgate Experience, it will not be allowed to re-enter the experience or the Sun Bowl garage upon exiting.
· Students will be issued either of the two permits on a first-come, first-serve basis. A UTEP student may only be issued one type of permit per Football Game.
· Vehicles for the Student Tailgate Experience must be less than the 8 foot, 2 inch height clearance for the Sun Bowl Garage.
· RVs, Heavy-duty trucks, and Extended-Cab vehicles are prohibited due to space constraints.
|Prohibited and Allowed Items Specifically in the UTEP Football Game
Student Tailgate Zone on the top level of the Sun Bowl Parking Garage.
|Glass containers||Alcohol for those 21 years or older|
|Laser Pens or Pointers||Tent only (permit required) (Max. 10 ft x 10 ft)|
|Fireworks, firearms, or weapons||Outside Food|
|Pets/Comfort Animals||Service Animals|
|Posters or Signs||Coolers and ice-chests|
|Artificial Noise Makers||Banners & Flags (without pole(s)|
|Sale of any outside food or beverages||Lawn Chairs|
|Any items deemed so by event or university staff||Strollers (if child present to utilize it)|
|Any type of grill|