To become a general body member join our LISTSERV.
To get involved with the Executive Board and Committees please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All members are expected to uphold the membership guidelines below.
- Membership is open to faculty, staff, post-docs, and PhD students who intend to advocate for the black population at UTEP.
- Membership is open to all, regardless of religion, age, race or color, marital status, national origin, disability, and/or sexual orientation.
- There are no membership dues.
- Only “active members” may participate in decision making, be elected to office, vote, and debate issues relevant to the organization or represent BAG on or off UTEP campus.
- An “active member” attends 50% or more of BAG events per semester. Members who fail to meet this requirement become “inactive members” who cannot vote on organizational issues until the requirements for “active member” status have been meet.
- Members must exhibit conduct that conduct themselves with the highest degree of respectability, be active citizens of the organization and always support the mission and purpose of BAG.
- Member must maintain professional conduct as detailed in the BAG Personal Conduct and Conflict of Interest agreement.
- Members who fail to meet the above obligations can be expelled from the organization. The ejection of a member is decided by a 2/3rd majority vote of the entire executive board.