The University of Texas at El Paso • ARL South Visiting Researcher • email@example.com
Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Texas at El Paso (2009)
Dr. Acosta is the Army Research Laboratory South Site lead at UTEP, and an affiliated faculty member. He works closely with other faculty, and federal and industry partners to tackle complex issues related to cybersecurity through innovation exercises, hackathons, and beyond state-of-the-art research.
Autonomous Active Cyber Defense
Cybersecurity Data Curation and Modeling
Systemic and Dynamic Honeypots
Moving Target Defense
- Achieving Sensor Identification and Data Flow Integrity in Critical Cyber-Physical Infrastructures, Abel Gomez Rivera, Deepak Tosh, and Jaime C Acosta, IEEE SmartGridComm 2020.
Cybersecurity Deception Experimentation System, Jaime C Acosta, Anjon Basak, Christopher D. Kiekintveld, Nandi Leslie, and Charles Kamhoua, IEEE Secure Development (SecDev) 2020.
- Software Diversity for Cyber Deception, Aliou Sarr, Ahmed H. Anwar, Nandi Leslie, Charles Kamhoua, and Jaime C Acosta, IEEE Globecomm 2020.
- Cybersecurity Methodology for Specialized Behavior Analysis, Edgar Padilla, Jaime C Acosta, and Christopher D. Kiekintveld, EAI International Conference on Digital Forensics & Cyber Crime, (ICDF2C) 2020.
- Internet of Things and Secure Smart Environments: Success and Pitfalls, Abel Gomez Rivera, Deepak Tosh, and Jaime C Acosta, Book Chapter, CRC Press 2020.
- Evaluating Usability of Permissioned Blockchain for Internet-of-Battlefield-Things Security, Erick D Buenrostro, Abel Gomez Rivera, Deepak K Tosh, Jaime C Acosta, and Laurent Njilla, Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) 2019.
- A Novel Interactive Network Fuzzer for System Security Assessment, Jaime C Acosta, Christian Murga, Alberto Morales, Caesar Zapata, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 2019.
- A Collaboration Pipeline for Cybersecurity Research, Tools, and Analytics, Jaime C Acosta, Salamah, Edgar Padilla, Monika Akbar, and Alexander Fielder, Journal of Cyber Security and Information Systems, 2018.
- Risk Analysis with Execution-Based Model Generation, Jaime C Acosta, Edgar Padilla, John Homer, and Xinming Ou, Journal of Cyber Security and Information Systems, 2017.
- A Platform for Analyst-Centric Cybersecurity Training and Data Acquisition, Jaime C Acosta, Joshua McKee, Alexander Fielder, and Salamah, Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) 2017.
- A Preliminary Architecture for Building Communication Software from Traffic Captures, Jaime C Acosta and Pedro Estrada, Proceedings of the SPIE Symposium on Defense + Security 2017.
- Augmenting Attack Graphs to Represent Data Link and Network Layer Vulnerabilities, Jaime C Acosta, Edgar Padilla, and John Homer, Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) 2016.
- CS4351 – Computer Security
- CS4177 – Software Vulnerabilities
- CS4379/CS5375 – Software Reverse Engineering