STUDENT TRAVEL APPROVAL PROCESS
The information detailed in this site provides key guidelines about the student travel process. All CS students must comply with the travel approval process if planning to attend activities or events that are:
- Organized and sponsored by the University; and
- Occur more than twenty-five (25) miles from the University campus.
Visit Student Travel Office and Student Travel Policy for University Organized or Sponsored Events for more information.
- Submit your travel notification to the Computer Science Department through the following form as soon as you know the travel will take place and preferably no later than 4 weeks in advance.
- After completing the form, allow 3-5 business days to receive an email from the CS Department, as confirmation that a trip has been created in Miners Travel system.
- In addition, an email notification will be sent to your @miners email account from the Miners Travel system (Travel registry). Within the email, you need to click the hyperlink provided and log in with your UTEP credentials. Complete all items in each section (itinerary details, forms, and essential content). Learn more
- CS Department will review and approve travel in the Miners Travel system.
Failure to complete this process may result in no reimbursement approval.
For more information, please contact the CS front Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.