Department faculty are engaged in a variety of research endeavors. General topics investigated include the following.
- Principal and supervisor preparation program design and improvement.
- New administrator development and support programs
- The professional development and mentoring of new faculty
- Professional development of future minority faculty
- Preparing experienced principals to manage and support innovative models of teaching and learning
- Impact of globalization on the climate and practices of education on the border
- Comparative and international education issues and challenges
- Higher education assessment and accountability
- Minorty student participation in math, science and technology
- Higher education policy analysis
- State and national EC-12 policy analysis