How to Declare the Minor
1. Download and complete the Change of Major/Minor Form indicating your choice of the African American Studies Minor.*
2. If you have fewer than 45 hours of academic credit, take the completed form to the Academic Advising Center.
3. If you have 45 academic credit hours or more, take the completed form to the Dean’s Office in the Liberal Arts Building, room 343.
4. Provide a copy of the completed form to the African American Studies Program office in the Liberal Arts Building, room 401.
5. Set up an appointment to meet with the Director of African American Studies to discuss the program and the selection of AFST courses in conjunction with your Major advisor.
*Students must have a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) to declare a Minor.