Any UTEP student who would like to take advantage of the available services provided by LACIT must follow the lab’s policies established in order to maintain a comfortable and friendly environment for all UTEP students.
- Read and understand signs posted and the policies in LACIT. If you do not follow LACIT’s policies, you will be asked to leave.
- Classes scheduled to meet in LACIT have first priority.
- Students must show their UTEP identification card upon request.
- LACIT is not responsible for equipment failures,software problems, power fluctuation, etc.
- Faculty, staff, and students should not leave their computer unattended for more than ten minutes if they plan to continue working.If a computer is left unattended for more than ten minutes, a LACIT Assistant may allow another student to use it.
- Only software owned by LACIT maybe used. Faculty,staff, and students may not copy a software or use an unauthorized software in any of the computers, otherwise they may be banned from using all facilities.
- Do not move, connect,disconnect, turn off, or change the equipment. Do not delete, move or alter the software. Equipment must not leave the lab.
- Chat rooms MAY NOT be used during certain hours.
- NO food or drinks are allowed in LACIT. You will be asked to dispose of any food or drink before you are allowed to enter the lab.You may leave it on the table next to the door.
- You may not bring bicycles or skateboards into the computer lab.
- The LACIT phone is for official use only.
- Wear shoes at all times. LACIT is not responsible for any injuries that may occur in the lab.
- The Director and the Dean of Liberal Arts reserve the right to bar any users from the lab for violating these polices, the policies of the University, or for unruly behavior.