Instructions for Completing an Internship in Bioinformatics:
It is required to register for the internship course (BINF 5353) and complete the following 6 steps:
(1) Obtain an internship offer, an official offer letter from the potential internship supervisor must be included in the proposal.
(2) Write a 1-page project description to be included in the internship proposal with the work clearly related to bioinformatics.
(3) Submit the proposal to the course instructor for review and approval by the Bioinformatics Program Executive Committee.
(4) Perform the proposed work for at least 160 hours in 4 weeks or more with documented interactions as a member of the supervisor's group.
(5) Request for the internship evaluation form to be completed and emailed directly from the supervisor to the instructor.
(6) Submit an internship report of 2 to 4 pages to the instructor at the end of the semester.
Please stay in communication with the instructor, who will provide feedback at each step above, evaluate your overall performance, and submit a grade at the end of the semester. If any required item is missing, Grade I (incomplete) will be given until completion.