MaRCS - Tutoring Center
Starting March 30, 2020, and until further notice, MaRCS will provide only online tutoring Monday through Thursday, from 9am to 6pm; and on Friday from 9am to 3pm.
Please send your questions by email to email@example.com
By Blackboard Collaborate
Click to open one of the following links:
- For PreCalculus to Calculus II questions, follow this link.
- For Calculus III and higher: follow this link.
Prepare for Online Tutoring:
- Have your textbook close and ready.
- Have near you all paperwork associated with the class (syllabus, exams, and assignments).
- Most of all, bring your questions. The better you understand what you need help with, the easier it is for us to help you. Tutors are here to help you understand the topics you are studying. In most cases, they took the same course a few years ago, so they are well prepared to answer your questions. They can help you understand your text and the examples it provides. They can guide you through the solution of typical exercises, and help you devise a problem solving strategy to use in the course. However, tutors are NOT permitted to work your homework assignments or take-home exams for you. The goal of tutoring is to supplement your lecture and textbook to help you master the mathematics you need in order to succeed in your education and in your career.
Program Director: Dr. Joe Guthrie, firstname.lastname@example.org