UTEP Commencement Services
2022 Spring Commencement Ceremony
Services for visitors with Disabilities:
For visitors with disabilities, the following are some of the services will be provided during Commencement ceremonies such as:
- A reserved seating section has been designated for guests that are deaf and need access to American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services. Please asked to be seated in Sections V, W or X.
- It is recommended that those with wheelchairs, walkers, canes and strollers enter through the North and East entrances of the Don Haskins Center.
- Ushers will be available to direct all guests to accessible seating. As indicated on the floor plan below, wheelchair and companion seating is found on the Concourse level in Sections E, D, J, L, Q, R, V & W. Only one family member may accompany the individual in these designated areas. All other family members must find seating as available.
- Seating on the floor level is limited to only those that are directly participating in the ceremony. Therefore, there is no public access to the Don Haskins Center via the tunnel entrance off Glory Road. Please access the parking lots off Mesa St. or Sun Bowl Drive.
- The Glory Road Parking Garage located on Glory Rd. and Mesa Street, is accessible for individuals with disabilities and is equipped with an elevator. All family members and guests with mobility impairments will need to enter the Don Haskins Center via the Mesa Street entrances. The Don Haskins Center is not accessible via the South tunnel.
- Passenger drop-off: It is recommended that any passenger needing assistance be dropped off at the East Entrance of the Don Haskins Center via Mesa Street or Sun Bowl Drive.
- Parking: For the easiest building access, please park in the accessible parking lot SB-8 via the North entrance of the Don Haskins Center as indicated below. Please use Sun Bowl Drive to access lots SB-8 and ME-1.
- Language: The ceremonies will be held in English, with some greetings made in Spanish. ASL Interpreters will be placed to the right side of the stage during all three ceremonies.
If you have further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact:
The Center for Accommodations and Support Services (CASS)
Union Building East, Room 106
Phone: (915) 747-5148; Fax: (915) 747-8712