A Go-Kit is a supply kit which contains essential items for short term survival in the event of an emergency. You should have sufficient supplies for 3 days (72 hrs). Go-Kits typically contain:
- Water: One gallon per person per day for at least three days.
- Food, non-perishable.
- Battery-powered radio.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help or deter animal attacks.
- Dust mask, to help filter contaminated air.
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter in-place.
- Moist towelettes.
- Garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities.
- Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food).
- Local maps.
- Cell phone and chargers.