What To Bring for Your Room?
Items to bring with you
- Cooking supplies, dishes, silverware.
- A “cable-ready” television and cable wire.
- ROKU, Apple TV, or other streaming device (click here to learn how to use philo).
- Supplies for the shower and vanity.
- Microwave oven. (Only one per unit, please!)
- Large umbrella (It is monsoon season in our area!)
- Computer w/Ethernet connection or wireless access.
- Good walking shoes.
- “UL” Approved Electrical power cords and cooking devices.
- Bed linens (twin XL) and towels.
- Bike and strong bike lock. (Cable wire is discouraged)
- Cleaning supplies. (We do lend out vacuums and brooms)
- Roommate expectations!
- A positive attitude and an open mind!
Items that stay at home
- Candles (decorative or functional) and incense or any item that produces a flame or smoke.
- Any type of pets- (only fish in aquariums of 20 gallons or less will be allowed.) If you require a service animals click here for proper documentation from the CASS Office on UTEP.)
- Window/ portable air conditioning units or wireless routers.
- Wall paint, large hooks or nails.
- No weapons
- Amplified instruments or drum sets.
- Alcohol containers. (kegs, etc.)
- Illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia.