Frequently Asked Questions
Can I still go to the gym now that classes are over?
Are lockers available for rent at the Student Recreation Center?
Is parking at the Student Recreation Center free?
Is the Student Recreation Center open during the semester holidays?
How do I reserve field space at the Student Recreation Center?
How soon in advance must I submit my request to reserve field space?
Why is University Field not available for Open Recreation use?
Who is permitted access to the Multi-Purpose Field (MPF)?
Who is allowed to join sport clubs?
Only current, active students are permitted to participate in clubs.
Outdoor Adventure Programs
Is there camping equipment available at the Student Recreation Center?
Do you have a challenge course and who can use it?
I would like to make a challenge course reservation, what is the process?
What is included in the fee for the OAP Trips?
- The fee applied to the OAP Trips cover the following:
- Transportation to and from the destination
- Park and Campsite Fees (If applicable)
- All in-camp food (If applicable)
- All specialized equipment needed for the trip
- All camping and camp equipment (If applicable)
- It does NOT include
- Any traveling meals
- Souvenir purchases
- Any other expenditure that you would like to make.
Do I have to take Belay Class to Climb the Pinnacle?
How often do I have to Take a Belay Test and/or sign a waiver?
When do you all offer Belay Classes?
How do I create an IMLeagues account?
- Go to www.imleagues.com
- 1. Enter your information, and use your school email
- (@miners.utep.edu - - or - - @utep.edu) and submit.
- 2. You will be sent and activation email, click the link in the email to log in and activate your IMLeagues account.
- 3. You should be automatically joined to your school – If not, you can search schools by clicking the “Schools” link.
How to do I sign up for an intramural sport?
- 1. Log in your IMLeagues.com account.
- 2. Click on: Create/Join Team at the top right of your User Homepage
- 3. The current sports will be displayed, click on the you wish to join button
- 4. Choose the league you wish to play (Men’s, Women’s, and Coed).
- 5. Choose the day you would like to play in (Monday 5PM-9PM/Tuesday 5PM-9PM/etc.)
When is the forfeit deposit due?
Where can I find out when I play?
Games are posted on imleagues.com for the whole season.
Tournament dates are also posted.
When is the last day to add players to the roster?
24 hours before playoffs begin
How can I apply to be a ref? Do I need to be certified?
Are there any restriction on swimwear?
Do I have to shower before entering the pool?
When can we use the diving boards?
There is training equipment that is available for use in the pool building. We, however, do not provide nor lend out swimming-caps nor swimming goggles. The items that are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis are: Pool buoys, float jog belts, swimming fins, water-weights, and recreational balls. Thank you for asking and visit us soon!
Can I still get in the pool if I don’t know how to swim?
What does the swimming pool offer?
Below are some of the features that make the Student Recreation Center’s swimming facility unique:
- Recreational Pool: Depth range (0ft - 4ft6in) ADA Access
- Zero Entry:
- There is a zero-entry area that gradually increases in depth from 0ft to 4ft6in. This area is popular with children, elder patrons, and provides easier access for patrons with injuries or requiring accommodations.
- Swimming Lanes:
- The recreational area offers 5 swimming lanes that range in depth from 3ft6in to 4ft6in, and measure 25 meters in length. The water in the recreational pool is maintained at approximately 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Water Basketball/Volleyball Area:
- The recreational area also offers a water basketball/volleyball area where patrons can have a wonderful time with their family members or friends. The area’s depth ranges from 3ft6in to 4ft6in.
- Competitive Pool: Depth range (3ft6in – 13ft) ADA Access
- Swimming Lanes:
- The competitive pool sports 10 swimming lanes that range from 3ft6in to 13ft. The swimming lanes are 25 yards in length and the water temperature is maintained at 81 degrees Fahrenheit. The four lanes in the deep end of the competitive pool can be merged to allow access to our one-meter and three-meter diving boards (see question 4 for inquiries regarding the diving boards). Diving blocks can also be placed on some of the swimming lanes (ask the aquatic supervisor for availability upon your visit).
I forgot my UTEP ID today, can I still access the SRC?
Is it possible to use the SRC during Maymester/Wintermester, even when I am not registered?
How much is the summer fee for students who attended the prior Spring semester?
The fee would be $50.00
Can I become a member of the Student Recreation Center on a monthly basis?
As a graduate student, can I become a member of the Student Recreation Center?
How do I cancel my membership, if I am a staff member using payroll deduction?
Send a written notice, either by email or in person to the membership office.
What is the duration of an Alumni annual membership?
Do you have to be a student to get a membership?
I am currently attending EPCC, can I become a member of the UTEP Student Recreation Center?
Can I bring a guest into the facility?
Can I utilize the Student Recreation Center if I am not a student?
What is the membership fee for UTEP Staff?
Are children allowed at the Student Recreation Center?
Can I become a member if I am only going to school part-time?
I am a UTEP Alumni, how do I become a member of Student Recreation Center?
How can I purchase membership for a dependent?
I am a UTEP alumni and I want to purchase my membership now. Does it matter when I get it and how long does the membership last?
I am a current student, can I use the Student Recreation Center?
How does someone pay for the SRC memberships?
How do I find information concerning employment at the Student Recreation Center?
What documents are required when applying?
Is there any specific training needed to work at the Student Recreation Center?
Is there a contact person concerning employment?
Mr. David A. Duran
Learning and Development Coordinator email@example.com