Welcome message & Brief Description
To provide a rich and comfortable environment where students acquire the tools needed to succeed in college, which will empower them to overcome challenges in order to achieve their academic and post-graduate goals.
Our goal is to ensure that these students stay in college and graduate. We do this by providing holistic academic and personal support services that address their significant needs which might otherwise prevent their success.
- Peer mentoring
- Academic support and Guidance
- Pre-advising and Priority registration
- Advocacy and Personal Support
- Leadership and personal development workshops
- College Success workshops
- Learning communities comprised of credit courses and course-based learning assistance
- A registered student organization (3SO)
- Computer lab & study area for our participants.
- Free Testing Supplies (Scantrons & Blue books)
- Assistance with Financial aid
The workshops are tailored to the specific needs of our SSSP students. For example, you may see academic workshops such as how to do a research paper, financial aid, note taking, just to mention some of them. Moreover, we also have personal development workshops that are designed to expand your overall skills and knowledge. These workshops may consist of time management skills, resume building, job search strategies, or dealing with stress. Our workshops accommodate to what the members need.
Letter from Director
(Brief Description: a letter from our director to invite the students to apply and participate in the program.)