To exponentially expand our nation’s talent-force, the Aerospace Center will unleash new opportunities for students from every background and every zip code through cutting-edge, applied research in aerospace, defense and energy.
The Aerospace Center’s mission is to educate and prepare a diverse, future-ready workforce for high-paying, in-demand careers through project-based learning in applied, cutting-edge research in aerospace, defense, and energy.
- Be a national leader in preparing a STEM workforce that reflects the diversity of our nation.
- Prepare the next generation of engineers, scientists, and technicians with the knowledge and skills our country needs to capture new opportunities and tackle the biggest challenges in aerospace, defense, and energy.
- In multi-disciplinary teams informed by government and industry partners, solve pressing design challenges in aerospace, defense, and energy to strengthen our country’s competitiveness.
- Create pathways for social and economic mobility for West Texas residents through employment in aerospace, defense, and energy sectors.
- Leveraging the research preeminence and talent development of the Aerospace Center and our sister center, the W.M. Keck Center for 3D Innovation, create jobs and business opportunities that will transform our region into an innovation powerhouse in aerospace, defense, and advanced manufacturing.
- Inspire, excite, and engage West Texas residents to pursue careers in aerospace, defense, and energy.