The internship program is on a semester basis and provides students the opportunity to work for the Office of Auditing and Consulting Services.
Students are involved in all phases of an internal audit, from drafting an audit program to conducting audit tests to writing the audit report. Students are also involved in internal control reviews, inventory counts, follow-up audits, compliance reviews, and other routine assignments. Students assist staff members with audits and/or are assigned their own audits.
The students hired for the internship program must meet the following criteria:
- Completed Intermediate Accounting I
- Have a 3.00 overall grade point average (GPA)
- Have a 3.25 accounting GPA
- Be currently enrolled in or completed Auditing Principles
- Have strong computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
Students looking to participate in the internship program may apply by sending your resume to email@example.com. Questions concerning the internship program may also be addressed to e-mail address listed, calling us at 915-747-5191, or visiting us at our office located in room 402 of the administration building.