The role of Internal Auditing is to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services which, enhance, improve and add value in accomplishing the University’s mission. The following regulations are used as guidelines in order to conduct Internal Auditing activities.
- Texas Internal Auditing Act - Texas Government Code, Chapter 2102
- Government Auditing Standards - United States Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Code Of Ethics – Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing - Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Code of Professional Ethics - Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Information Systems Auditing Standards - Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Internal Audit Activities – University of Texas System (UTS) Policy 129