Data Use Policy
Terms and Conditions for Database Use
By accessing The University of Texas at El Paso Biodiversity Collections (UTEP-BC) Databases, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The UTEP-BC does not charge for information from our collections, with the stipulation that The UTEP-BC is clearly identified as the source of the data in publications, and we also request copies or reprints of publications that are based on our collections and/or collection data.
- All provided data are for nonprofit, educational, and personal use of students, scholars, and the public only. Any commercial use or publication by printed or electronic media is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of The University of Texas at El Paso and any other institution or sponsor that may have any interest in the database. The data are not to be repackaged or sold in any form by anyone.
- Although every effort has been made to provide accurate data, the databases are provided as is without express or implied warranty, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The User accepts the responsibility of verifying the complete data, including provenance, taxonomic, and ecological information, in consultation with the curatorial staff and/or by inspection of the specimens and the collection catalog.
- If you wish to refer to any of our databases in a publication, we offer the following as an example attribution: "The University of Texas at El Paso Biodiversity Collections (YEAR): The (Collection Name) Collections Database, Biodiversity Collections, Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso. http:URL of the appropriate collection’s Arctos portal." Contact the Collections Manager of the relevant collection for direct assistance if you are unsure about an attribution.
- The University of Texas at El Paso shall not be liable for any damages suffered by the users of the database or the software, programming, and other documentation found on these web pages or in these databases.