Course Drop Information
To drop a course, email your assigned advisor from your Miners email with the following information
- Your name and Student ID
- Course(s) information (e.g.: CRN: 68974 BUSN 1301)
- Brief statement about why you are dropping
Unless you withdraw completely from school prior to the first official class day, you are responsible for a percentage of total tuition and mandatory and incidental fees assessed. Please see https://www.utep.edu/vpba/student-business-services/resources/Refund-Policy-for-Complete-Withdrawals-012419.pdf for details. You may also contact Student Business Services (SBS) for additional tuition information at email@example.com or 915-747-5116.
Course Drops General Information
Students can drop individual courses or completely withdraw from the University as described below. Refer to the online Academic Calendar to identify the dates during which adds, drops, withdrawals, and pass/fail registration changes can occur.
- Students can drop courses through their Goldmine account before classes begin or up until the last day of late registration of the long semester.
- Students can also drop courses by submitting a Add/Drop Form to the Records Office by census day. If it is after census and before the course drop deadline, a Course Drop Form would be submitted to the Records Office for processing. Drops that occur before census day will not earn a grade.
- International Students will require approval from the International Programs Office if they will be dropping before full-time status. The student can contact the International Programs Office at 915-747-5664 and they are located in the Union Bldg. East, Room 203.
- Student Athletes will require approval from Miner Athletics Advising Center (MAAC) if they drop any courses during the semester. The student can contact the MAAC office at 915-747-5668 and they are located in the Academic Advising Center, 2nd floor.
- Students receiving financial aid will need to contact the Financial Aid Office for any questions or concerns regarding the drop of courses. The student can contact the office of Financial Aid at 915-747-5204 and they are located in the Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg., Room 204.
- Student with questions regarding tuition, fees, and refunds of courses will need to contact the Student Business Services Office. The students can contact the Student Business Services Office at 915-747-5116 and they are located in the Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg., Room 118.
- Students who are military-affiliated student will need to contact the MSSC to learn how the benefits may be impacted by dropping the course(s).
- Students who are enrolled in only one course they will be withdrawing from the semester, rather than dropping the course.
You can visit the Registration and Records website for more information.