Conflicts of Interest, Commitment, & Outside Activities
- The policy is intended to protect the credibility and reputation of the U.T. System Administration of UTEP and their employees, by providing a framework to address conflicts of interest, conflicts of commitment, and outside activities.
- The policy applies to all UTEP, employees including Executive Officers, Employees involved in Procurement Activities, and employees involved in contract management.
- UTEP employees may not have a direct or indirect interest, including financial and other interests, or engage in a business transaction or professional activity, or incur any obligation of any nature that is in substantial conflict with the proper discharge of the employee's duties to their institution.
- Activities on behalf of outside entities or individuals must not interfere with a UTEP employee's fulfillment of his/her duties and responsibilities to UTEP. Such conflicts of commitment may arise regardless of the location of these activities, the type of outside entity, or the level of compensation.
- Non-Compliance with this policy may subject one to discipline in accordance with applicable procedures up to and including termination of employment.
- Conflict of Interest is generally an issue of financial or personal gain.
- Conflict of Commitment is generally an issue of time.
- To read the full policy, please go to the following link in the Handbook of Operating Procedures Section V, Chapter 29: https://www.utep.edu/hoop/section-5/ch-29.html
- PLEASE NOTE: Research Conflicts of Interests subject to UT System UTS175 and HOP Section IV, Chapter 2 are managed by the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects. For more information, please visit the ORSP Conflicts of Interest web site by clicking here: http://research.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=59642.
- Regents' Rule 30104: Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment, and Outside Activities
- UTS180 Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment & Outside Activities
- HOP Section III, Chapter 4.10 Outside Activity and/or Outside Employment
- HOP Section V, Chapter 4 Outside Activity and/or Employment, Board Service, & Dual Employment
- HOP Section V, Chapter 29 Conflicts of Interest, Conflicts of Commitment & Outside Activities